There are 2 games that have Yoga with the Xbox kinect included in them.
The first yoga kinect game is “Your Shape and Fitness Evolved”, this includes several yoga and Thai Chi classes. You get to choose a personal trainer to help you meet your specific fitness goals, take a Yoga or Martial Arts class, or play fun, family-friendly mini-games. As you exercise, you’ll receive specific feedback on your every move, thanks to the game’s real-time precise tracking system.
The Zen (Yoga) class seems to be the most popular amongst my friends with the game. The classes are very similar to the personal trainer experience but slightly less personalized to you. I’m a big fan of yoga and there yoga Thai chi section rocks for me because its simple, it works you out without you feeling like your working out.
The Zen (Yoga) class seems to be the most popular amongst my friends with the game. The classes are very similar to the personal trainer experience but slightly less personalized to you.
The gym games are the only part of this “game” that is very game like. I actually put in this game during parties to impress people with how accurately it tracks them.
Plus, you’ll interact with captivating visual effects that respond to your movement and impact. You’ll have so much fun that you won’t notice how hard you’re working until you see the results.
The second yoga kinect game is the next version of this game, “Your Shape and Fitness Evolved 2012”, this has 4 specific yoga classes included. There are also many other great fitness activities for everyone.
You can design a workout tailored to you based on your fitness level, goals, schedule and preference.
- Ashtanga is an intensive, vigorous style of hatha yoga. It involves six specific poses that must be executed in sequence. The goal is to create a physically demanding flow of movement that heats the body.
- Vinyasa, which literally means “wind,” also involves flowing movements. Unlike the ashtanga teachers, vinyasa instructors mix up poses and create sequences that are fitting for the individuals in the class. A vinyasa yoga practice consists of many sun salutations and focuses on linking bodily movement with the flow of the breath.
- Bikram yoga is often referred to as “hot yoga,” or “yoga boot camp.” This style of yoga, which consists of 26 different poses, is commonly practiced in a room heated to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Introduced by Bikram Choudhury, this practice is highly intensive and aims to detoxify the body. Bikram yoga was derived from the ashtanga practice, but does not follow a specific sequence.
- Iyengar is a slow yoga practice. Inyenger students focus closely on good, strong posture. The breath is not as central to iyengar yoga as it is to other styles. Instead, the emphasis is on the pose and stretch. Props are routinely used to allow students to delve deeper into the pose and stay there for extended periods of time.
- Kundalini yoga practitioners hope to release the energy stored at the base of the spine. Kundalini practices involve fast, repetitive movements and rapid “breath of fire” chanting.
There is one more kinect game that may interest you if you are looking for a Xbox yoga game, so check out more information and videos of yoga for kinect.